Children Under the Age of 18
Our site is not intended to be directly used by children under 18 years of age, and no one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information directly from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information directly from a child under 18 without verification of parental or guardian consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have received any information from a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect different types of information about you, including information that may directly identify you or be used to identify you, information that is about you but individually does not personally identify you, and information that we combine with our other users. This includes information that we collect through automated collection technologies.
We collect several types of personal information from and about users of our Site, specifically information:
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as statistical and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and/or
- about your internet connection and the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- directly from you when you provide it to us;
- automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, your health and dental providers and our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information and data we collect on or through our Site are:
- information that you provide by filling in the “contact us” form on our Site;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
The personal information we collect from you is collected with your consent. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as:
- details of your visits to our Site, such as traffic data, location data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to our Site, error information, clickstream data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and
- information about your computer and internet connection, such as your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns; and
- speed up your searches.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for various purposes described below, including to:
- provide you with information you request from us;
- enforce our rights arising from contracts; and
- notify you about changes.
We use information that we collect or receive about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to fulfill any other lawful purpose for which you provide it;
- to notify you about changes to our Site;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- Our third-party service providers and subcontractors we use to support our business;
- to any company we might merge with or acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to enforce our rights; and
- with your consent.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers, and subcontractors, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We offer you choices on how you can opt out of our use of tracking technology, disclosure of your personal information for third-parties to market or advertise to you, our marketing or advertising to you, and other targeted marketing and advertising.
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties. When possible, these organizations are under contractual obligations to maintain appropriate safeguards and protections, to use this data only for providing the services to us, and to maintain this information strictly confidential. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Right to Know
At your request, TelehealthExplained will inform you of the categories of personal information we collect about you and the purposes for which those categories of personal information are used for the 12-month period preceding your request, including the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
You also have the right to request that TelehealthExplained deletes any personal information about you that we have collected from you. TelehealthExplained will respond to a verifiable request from you to delete your data, except in circumstances where it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug our systems to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- If you have provided informed consent, engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research;
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations your relationship with us; or
- Comply with a legal obligation.
To submit a requests under your right to know and right to delete, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to 414 Union Street, 8th Floor, Nashville, TN 37219. From the time we verify the request, we will respond within 45 days, and if additional time is needed, we will communicate extensions with you.
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
TelehealthExplained does not disclose personal information to third parties for its own direct marketing purposes.
Under 18: California Eraser Law Request
We do not advertise or market any goods and services that are identified as being inappropriate for children under the age of 18.
California law permits minors under the age of 18 to request the removal of her/his information that was shared by the minor, subject to certain exceptions.
If you are under the age of 18 and living in California, you may contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or write to 414 Union Street, 8th Floor, Nashville, TN 37219 (if you contact us via email, please use the subject “California Eraser Law Request”). While we will do our best to remove a minor’s information upon a valid request, we cannot ensure the complete or comprehensive removal of information shared from our Site, and we cannot guarantee that any such information may not be accessible to users of the Internet in the future. We do not advertise or market any of the products or services identified in California Business and Professionals Code Section 22580(i) to users who we have actual knowledge are under 18 years of age.
Do Not Track Signals
We may use automated data collection technologies to track you across websites. We currently do not honor do-not-track signals that may be sent by some browsers.
We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
Information transmitted over the Internet is not completely secure, but we do our best to protect your personal information. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or the operating system of your computer or mobile device.
Last Revised: August 2020